Boom sprayers are used for spraying pesticides, insecticides and fertiliser directly on crops. A boom sprayer is attached to a tractor and is used for spraying fertiliser on low-growing crops, as it allows for downward penetration of chemical droplets. Fertilisers or other liquids are sprayed directly through nozzles on the implement. Low fertile fields can benefit largely from the use of this implement. When operated correctly, it enables successful application of pesticides and fertilisers, resulting in enhanced crop growth.
Uses and benefits Boom sprayers
• Perfect for spraying on large areas
• Provides better coverage and accuracy as it runs closer to the land, hence less likely to be affected by wind.
• Spraying is easier to track
• Ability to spray a large area in fraction of time
• Cost-saving and time-saving
• Especially useful in areas more prone to wind, as it reduces chemical drift.
Boom sprayers Specifications
• Length: up to 10 m
• Capacity: 500-1000 litres
• Operation tractor: hydraulic and PTO driven
• Nozzle type: Teejet/conical
• Chemical resistant tank
• Solid colour tank for no algae growth inside
• Spring loaded boom sections
• Easy to use control panel and pressure regulator
• PTO (rpm): 540
• Category-II three point linkage
Why Boom sprayers Popular in Africa
Farms in most African countries are infested with pests. By using boom sprayers, African farmers can spray pesticides directly on crops to counter pest infestations. Low-growing crop fields can benefit from the use of boom sprayers by spraying fertiliser on crops, which will enable better growth of crops. Boom sprayers reduce the chances of chemical wastage.