A potato digger is a harvest implement. It harvests potatoes by lifting them from the bed and then placing the soil and crop on the webs. Potatoes planted in furrows are dug using this equipment. It mines and separates the vegetable from the soil. Then the potatoes are harvested along with their stems. It minimises post harvest losses. A potato digger available at Tractors PK, a tractor company in Africa, can work on other underground crops as well, such as, onions, peanuts, carrots, etc.
Potato Digger Uses and Benefits
• It is used for harvesting potatoes in a seamless manner
• It digs potatoes smoothly especially in moist conditions
• It minimises wastage and post-harvest losses are avoided
• It is tractor-driven and digs differently-size potatoes
• Can be used on any land, regardless of its size.
• Requires less maintenance
• Harvesting time is reduced
• Best value for money.
Potato Digger Specifications
• PTO shaft operated
• Connected via three-point linkage
• Seed capacity: 240-600 kgs
• Seed to seed spacing: 6 inches
• Line to line capacity: 28-30 inches
• Compatible with tractors of 50 HP and above.
Potato Digger Popularity in Africa
Manual harvesting of potatoes without the use of a potato digger results in post-harvest loss of more than 25%. African farmers who utilise this equipment have noted a clear advantage over their old and conventional ways of digging potatoes. Using this technology has not only been efficient but also time-saving. African farmers who want to buy a potato digger for their farm can get in touch with a reliable team of tractor dealers in Africa at Tractors PK.