A zero tillage planter is an implement used by farmers who opt for the technique of zero tillage in their fields. It sows crop seeds of all kinds and maximises plantation efficiency.
Uses and Benefits of a Zero Tillage Planter
• Reduces soil erosion
• Enhances soil’s biological activity
• Better economic gains
• Intact and unperturbed soil structure
• Saves water
• Promotes dry seeding
• Makes soil resilient and improves its quality
• The zero tillage method can save up to 25% water
• Less compaction of soil
• Lower fuel costs.
Technical Specifications of a Zero Tillage Planter
• Seed and fertiliser pipes: 18
• Length: 7 feet 3 inches
• Width: 3 feet 3 inches
• Total tines: 9
• Row spacing: 10 inches adjustable
• Type: seed planter
• Tractor compatibility: 50 HP and above
Usage in Africa
Mostly Kenyan farmers are adopting zero tillage method to counter the dry and tough climate. By embracing this method, they have been able to produce unbelievable yields of crops during dry season. African farmers can purchase their brand new farm implements from Tractors PK.