One can chop feed for livestock by using a fodder cutter, which is available at Tractors PK, a leading tractor company in Africa. It can be mounted to a tractor or used mechanically.
Uses and Benefits of a Fodder Cutter
• Cuts straw and hay into little pieces for livestock
• Helps animals digest food better and minimises the chances of them rejecting food.
• Increases the quality of forage
• Decreases feed costs
• Efficient and speedy
• Sharp and long-lasting blades
• Chops multiple crops
• Less wastage and improved nutritional quality
Technical Specifications of a Fodder Cutter
• Number of discs: 2
• Number of knives: 6
• Tractor HP (PTO): 540 rpm
• Tractor compatibility: above 50 HP
• Weight: 180 kg / 375 kg
Usage in Africa
Ethiopia and Tanzania have the largest number of livestock in all of Africa. Ethiopian and Tanzanian farmers can improve the health of their cattle by making use of a fodder cutter available at Tractors PK. It will help them prepare feed for their livestock.