A potato digger spinner is used for harvesting potatoes. It cuts the stems of potatoes before they are harvested. It is mounted to a tractor and is PTO operated. It digs potatoes and then spreads them on the land.
Uses and Benefits of a Potato Digger Spinner
• Uproots potatoes and separates them from the soil
• Harvest potatoes efficiently
• Results in higher productivity
• Cuts down harvesting time considerably
• Minimises losses significantly
• Rear mounted
• PTO operated
• 98% efficiency
• Tractor requirement: 50 HP+
• Output: 0.1 ha/hr
• Connected to a tractor via three-point linkage
Usage in Africa
Africa is a major producer of potatoes. Harvesting potatoes manually results in huge post harvest losses that go up to 25%. African farmers who have invested in potato digger spinners for harvesting their potatoes have reported substantial productivity and minimal losses. You can also attain this level of productivity by purchasing a potato digger spinner from Tractors PK, which is a trustworthy tractor company in Africa.