This implement specifically plants sugarcane. A sugarcane planter with ridger plants sugarcane by creating ridges and opening deep furrows.
Uses and Benefits of a Sugarcane Planter with Ridger
• Plants sugarcane crop
• Opens deep furrows
• It cuts whole cane into pieces using its sharp edged blades
• Its metering mechanism is used for administering insecticides and fertiliser
• It presses soil cover with its tamping roller
• Best suited for sandy loam soils
• Improves mean bud emergence by 3.7%
• As opposed to conventional planting methods, it uses 11 times less labour.
Technical Specifications of a Sugarcane Planter with Ridger
• Operates via Tractor PTO shaft
• Maximum planting capacity: 10 acres per day
• Furrow depth: 250 mm
• Mean overlapping distance: 72 mm
• Cut cane length: 37 cm
• Tractor compatibility: minimum 50 HP
• Attached with three-point linkage
Usage in Africa
Africa is a critical region for growth of sugarcane due to its low cost of production, high production potential, and access to foreign markets. By investing in a Sugarcane Planter, African farmers are bound to experience exponential growth and productivity in their farms.