A swinging drawbar is a farm accessory available at Tractors PK. It is used for moving large loads attached to tractors. A swinging drawbar is a coupling device, as its one end is attached to a tractor and the other to the vehicle that is to be towed. It allows for easy turning and flexibility.
Uses and Benefits of a Swinging Drawbar
• Allows for safe hauling of heavy loads
• A safe implement that moves laterally for easier turning
• Makes fluid turning possible and decreases rigidity.
• Decreases chances of tipping
• Reduces side draft
Technical Specifications of a Swinging Drawbar
• Attached to a tractor under centre axle housing
• Compatibility: above 50 HP Massey Ferguson tractors
• Adjustable drawbar height
• Conforms with British standards
• Clevis hitch point at 36 mm from the PTO shaft
• Maximum static load capacity: 771 Kg (1700 Lbs) with the drawbar in the outer position, and 998 Kg (2200 Lbs) in the inner position.
Usage in Africa
African farmers use a swinging drawbar as a coupling device to their utility tractors. It is available for purchase at Tractors Pk, which is a leading tractor company in Africa.