Tine tillers are used for cultivation and for preparing seed beds. This implement aerates the soil and loosens rocky and hard ground. Tine tillers shatter clods and clumps through deep penetration. These are mounted to tractors and break lumps in soil.
Uses and benefits Tine Tillers Farm Implements
• An ideal implement for weeding and general cultivation
• Prepares seedbeds and renovates pastures
• Breaks up the soil for plantation
• Cuts through compacted soil
• Easy to manoeuvre and great for large areas
• Improves soil health and brings fresh soil to surface
• Increases moisture for plants
Tine Tillers specifications
• Available in 4 widths: 9, 11, 13 and 15 tines
• Fully mounted to a tractor through category I or II three point hitch pins
• 51 mm reversible shovels for deep penetration
• Working depth of up to 229 mm that can be controlled by a tractor operator
• Frame: round steel torsion tubes
• Spring loaded tines.
Why Tine Tillers Popular in Africa
Several African countries require farming equipment for activities like cultivation, soil preparation, weeding, etc. Tine tillers are suitable in countries like Nigeria, due to its particularly hard agricultural conditions. Tine tillers are a simple implement and are easy to maintain. Rural farmers in Nigeria and other such African countries are lagging behind in technical knowledge, thence they can use tine tillers easily in order to enable better harvests.